Table Of Content
As an e-commerce business, low sales and conversions are the reasons that keep you awake at night. Push notifications can help you increase these metrics, but you need the right software first. With countless platforms available, choosing is frustrating and confusing. You don't know which solution best suits your needs.
Let this guide solve your puzzle in seeking the best push notification software for your business.
Go through the features and pros and cons of the software listed below to choose the tool you desire. But first, let’s talk basics.
What is push notification software?
A push notification software sends clickable pop-up messages to customers on their computers and mobile devices, irrespective of their browser. It helps brands convey details about offers, sales, discounts, and any updates they and their consumers care about.
A push notification software acts as a bridge to connect the consumer with the brand. Many brands use it to bring their audience to their store.
When you see a little pop-up from an application or a message in your phone’s notification panel, push notification software does its job!
Benefits of using push notification software
Apart from re-engaging your audience, push notification software has some other notable benefits.
- Targeted messaging- Push notification software engages every user differently. Someone who has downloaded your app will get a welcome message. On the other hand, users who haven’t visited the application for a long time will get a nudge to return.
- Communicates value- Push notifications are straightforward and quickly convey what’s in it for a consumer. They instantly deliver offers, discounts and promotions, encouraging shoppers to hop into your e-commerce store.
- Messaging optimization- Most push notifications software offers A/B testing capabilities, allowing you to test which messaging works best for a particular audience segment.
- Higher retention rates- Regular and relevant push notifications reduce the chances of users forgetting about your e-commerce website.
- Elevated conversion rates- For an e-commerce businesses, push notifications can inform users about special offers, sales, or abandoned cart reminders, increasing click-through rates and conversions.
Features to look for in push notification software
Here are some key features to look for while choosing a push notification software for your business:
- Programmatic triggers- Check if the software can programmatically trigger notifications on specific conditions. This will help you push the right messaging at the right time.
- User segmentation- No one likes irrelevant content, and the same goes for your audience, but to be able to send targeted notifications, you need to segment your audience based on certain criteria. For ex- location, their product browsing history, cart History, demographics
- Scheduling capabilities- With a good push notification service provider, you should be able to schedule notifications so they can reach the audience when they're most likely to engage
- Customization and personalization capabilities- Check if you can tailor messages based on real audience insights. Look for drag-and-drop features to customize your notifications.
- A/B testing- You should be able to test different messages or campaigns to see which resonates most with your audience and performs best.
- Rate limiting capabilities- This helps you to avoid overwhelming the audience by setting the maximum number of notifications they receive in a given time frame.
- Opt-in or opt-out choice- Gives users freedom to choose whether they want to receive notifications.
10 best push notification software
Below is a list of ten push notification platforms that receive ample love on the market.
Fomo is a social proof and push notification software with a trusted record of helping brands increase their conversion rate by 100%. It adds social proof to your push notifications building credibility and trust for your e-commerce store with every message you send.
The simplicity of the platform, paired with its automation capabilities, makes life so much easier for E-commerce store owners and marketers.
Top features of Fomo
Below are some notable features of Fomo.
- Theme builder- You can choose pre-made themes for push notifications and customize them as per your creative enthusiasm.
- Personalized user experience- Your users can absorb your messages in their language. Fomo translates to over 29 languages based on location.
- Insights- The software delivers insights into how current messaging is performing. It persuades users to craft messaging based on what’s working for others in the same customer segment.
- Analytics- Fomo connects with Google Analytics or Scorecard to count click-through conversions.
- Integrations- Fomo’s push notification service connects with Etsy, WooCommerce, Shopify, WordPress, and various social media platforms.
- Design customizations- You can customize push notifications according to your brand strategy. There are several options for background, rich text, and colors to experiment with.
- Campaign automation- You can design user engagement based on users' actions and triggers. It helps personalize messaging to captivate user interest.
Pros and cons of Fomo
Start a 14-day free trial and see how your engagement rates and conversion metrics increase.
WebEngage offers omnichannel engagement software capable of delivering push notifications on Android and iOS devices. Create multiple user segments based on personal and user behavior data to suit business needs.
Top features of WebEngage
- A push notifications template library for you to get started with
- Design and manage drip campaigns to deliver a unified user experience.
- Checks outgoing campaigns with features such as DND and frequency capping. It limits the number of messages sent daily or weekly.
Pros and cons of WebEngage
OneSignal maximizes engagement and minimizes churn through push notifications and various other channels. Send mobile as well as web push notifications with ease.
OneSignal’s messaging workflow builder helps you seamlessly manage their communications across channels.
Top features of OneSignal
- Reports in real time.
- Elevates message performance with A/B testing
- Segments audience for better personalization
- Deliver push notifications intelligently
Pros and Cons of OneSignal
Iterable is one of the best push notification software that lets you ideate, create, and organize push notification campaigns with dynamic segmenting. The software helps you leverage subscriber’s demographics, event, and behavior data to trigger personalized messaging.
Top features of Iterable
- Customizes workflows to automate campaigns
- Personalizes mobile marketing experiences
- Triggers events using internal and third-party data
Pros and cons of Iterable
ContactPigeon helps you create memorable engagements for users on their favorite devices through automated push notifications. It makes all opt-ins, by default, GDPR compliant, enabling you to create and use push notification campaigns without any hassle.
Top features of ContactPigeon
- Offers pre-built automation flows
- Gives insights into real-time user behavior
- Send perfectly timed notifications
Pros and cons of ContactPigeon
Bloomreach offers omnichannel orchestration capabilities with a powerful segmentation functionality, empowering users to make the most of mobile app push notifications. Bloomreach Engagement creates personalized customer experience in a unified platform. It helps you sync your marketing campaigns and the overall strategy.
Top features of Bloomreach
- Personalizes push notifications per user preferences and behavior.
- Uses predictions to target specific audience segments.
- Discovers unique customer needs through scheduled surveys
Pros and cons of Bloomreach
Xtremepush delivers hyper-personalized customer engagement with relevant context at scale. The platform leverages AI to predict customer behavior and preferences, enabling you to craft targeted push notifications.
Top features of Xtremepush
Below are some notable features of Xtremepush
- Delivers seamless customer engagement
- Makes AI-powered predictions
- Consolidates real-time customer data
Pros and Cons of Xtremepush
Customer.io helps businesses have personalized and relevant interactions with customers through push notifications. It uses real-time data to ensure the right message reaches the right person at the right time.
Top features of Customer.io
Below are some notable features of Customer.io.
- Sends notifications tailored to each user
- Divides users into groups based on their behavior or preferences
- Set up rules to send push notifications automatically.
- Makes push notifications more engaging with images
Pros and Cons of Customer.io
Contlo is an all-in-one campaign and automation tool that helps users effortlessly manage push notifications, email marketing, and other channels. It makes it easier to recover abandoned cards and do customer follow-ups in a timely manner.
Top features of Contlo
- Helps you engage users with the right context
- AI builds an optimal customer engagement workflow
- Helps customize interactions based on user data
Pros and Cons of Contlo
Omnisend helps E-Commerce businesses reach their customers with personalized push notifications and makes instant retargeting possible. It allows brands to easily customize and send automated push notifications for cart abandonment, browse abandonment, and transactional messages.
Top features of Omnisend
- Provides advanced segmentation capabilities
- Offers a variety of pre-built templates
- Personalized messages with dynamic content blocks
Pros and Cons of Omnisend
Pushing through with the right software
Finding the right software is like traversing an infinite loop. You must make an informed and calculated decision at the right time to get out. The perfect software was never made. Take some hiccups into account when you’re considering a suitable push notification tool for your business.
See how well it fulfills your needs. Consider scalability, security, compliance, and other crucial aspects mentioned above to make an informed purchase decision. Let the data points above turn present considerations into a few final contenders. Make a choice.
Curious about crafting the perfect push notifications? Let these push notification types and examples inspire your messaging.